Tuesday, September 2, 2008

IT'S ALL ABOUT HIM

Set your affections on things above, not of this world.

Hello to my friends in J-Land that are so faithful to read my journal.  I hope and pray that those of you who read my journal, know that no matter what you are going through, the Lord is with you, loves you and has a plan for you and me, if we only will keep our focus on him.

I was reading tonight in Hosea, how the Lord was so angry with the Israelites because of their disobedience and how he poured out his wrath on them.  Their total disregard for the very basic ten commandments, which God set for all of us.

Hosea 6:4 My people perish for lack of knowledge.  Because you have rejected knowledge, I also will reject you from being priest for Me. Because you have forgotten the law of your God, I also will forget your children.

I thought about this scripture as I considered those days and how much they are like the very days we are living in today.  The lawlessness of this world which was once directed by the counsel and commands of our Savior.  I myself found such shortcomings in myself and had to ask the Lord to forgive me.  Life is not about me, it's about HIM, my Savior and his purpose for me.

That very thought reminded me of a poem I wrote, when once before, I was convicted for thinking life is about me.  I believe I've shared it before but feel it's worth sharing again.

Seek ye first the kingdom of God and HIS righteousness and all these things will be added unto you.  HE and HE alone will give you the desires of your heart. 

 

 

 

 

Not About Me

Lord I know you're watching and I know you have a plan

Because in your word you tell us, you have the whole world in your hand

You see much more than I do, you hear the cries of despair;

You know there are people suffering, not just me but everywhere

There are floods that come upon us, from the rains and fires and spills

Some people have no clue, Lord, they get rich and spin their wheels,

But you oh Lord know everything, you know your plans for good

If you only had a vessel who would heed your word like they should

This world has gone quite crazy, seems there's little black and white;

People searching for a way to make even great sin seem alright;

Such a selfish world we live in, people only love themselves

As your word does warn us clearly, seems we only see ourselves

But you oh Lord you’re awesome, if we only take your hand

And stand against the evil one and make our dream your plan

I wonder how you feel Lord, when we go off on our way;

With our plans in mind to please ourselves, not caring what you say

Oh we find some joy and laughter but it all comes to an end

For you oh Lord are everything and sin can never win

Lord help us to remember, you have the whole world in your sights

And we must resist the evil one and fight with all our might

Put on your holy armor, start each day with humble prayer

Be aware of those around us, people suffering everywhere

For you oh Lord know everything you word rings loud and clear

If we'd only stop and listen, we would know that you are near

There's nothing you can't handle, there's no place you can't be

Lord, help me to remember, life isn't always about me.

© copyrighted by Ging

Dear Lord, thank you for loving me so much that when I get off track, you lovingly and patiently bring me back to you.  Help me to never forget, life is not about me Lord, it's about you.  I praise you and adore you and thank you for all that you are.  Please bless the person who is reading this page.

7 comments:

bojgill4375 said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful poem. Everything you say is so true. You and your family is in my prayers. Hugs, Janie

sugarsweet056 said...

The poem is beautiful, I enjoyed reading it.
God be with you & your family.
Have you in my prayers,
Sugar

naperdillygirl said...

These are beautiful prayers.  Thank you.  Sue

jeanno43 said...

A truly beautiful entry. Thank you.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

barbpinion said...

Wonderful entry, great food for thought. I LOVE your poem, forgot how talented you are. Have a terrific day, honey.
Much love,
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

bhbner2him said...

Yes, I was blessed by this page and by your poem, Ginger.  You are a light upon a hill!  -  Barbara

Barb said...

Beautiful entry, Ginger, so like you. Welcome honey. Know I am praying for you always.