Sunday, March 16, 2008

PERSECUTION

 

I know now more than I did when I sat down to do this entry, that the Lord put it on my heart to do so.  I had finished my entry and was doing a spell check when the entire entry just disappeared.  That's after starting the entry, not being able to see my journal.

Persecution is a powerful tool of the enemy.  In the world which we live in today, persecution has lost all boundaries and limitations and everyday holds a new challenge to let our lights shine and be who we have been called to be.

Persecution comes in many forms, false accusations against another person, anger over anything that has to do with God, standing up for the truth in the word of God, being bold in who you are as a child of God.  All these things bring on persecution.

The enemy is very serious and he is not playing games.  He prowls the earth looking for anyone who might be a threat to him or his purpose to destroy the light of God.  If you are that person who refuses to back down and continues in the things of God, then you know all too well how powerful the enemy is to hit you with bad finances, poor health, suffering, loss of loved ones, conflict in your work place.

Matthew 5:11 - Blessed are ye when men shall revile you and persecute you and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.  Rejoice and be exceeding glad for great is your reward in heaven, for so persecuted they the prophets before you.

Rejoice and be glad because you know that you are a threat to the enemy when you stand for truth and righteousness.  You know that if you are in the light, you have the power of God on your side and if he be for you, who can be against you?

Psalm 1  Blessed is the man that walks no in the counsel of the ungodly for he shall be like the tree, planted bythe waters.  Paraphrased but to the point.

Matthew 5:44   Love your enemies, bless then that curse you, do good to them that hate you and pray for them which despitefully use you and persecute you.

If we as Christians, refuse to buy into the lies of the enemy and turn to the Lord for the grace we need to love our enemies, we defeat the power of the enemy to use us for his cause.

I know so many going through so much right now.  I have friends who have completely shut down and avoid any contact with me or anyone else because of the strong hold the enemy has on them.  Even in my personal life I am dealing with tremendous persecution, false accusations, financial problems, great sadness but I know that none of it comes from God.  It's the enemies attack on me and his desperation to change my decision to follow the Lord.

Our service at church today was on persecution.  It was about how people can smile at us and kiss us and yet turn around and put a dagger in our backs.  Just like Judas betrayed Jesus in the same manner and yet, he ate the last supper with him and pretended to love him.  Afterwards, a woman in my church came up to me and told me that she had a prophecy for me.  I am under severe persecution as of March 4 and will be for the next 40 days.  I know it was from the Lord for me to be on my guard and put my armor on daily and pick up the cross and follow Jesus.

The song says, I have decided to follow Jesus. Though none go with me, still I will follow. No turning back, no turning back.

We need to be on our knees before the Lord, praying for our country, our leaders, our children, friends, families, neighbors, everyone. We need to get our focus off of ourselves and onto our purpose in him which is to spread the news and tell others about the Lord.  We need to get in the word, stay in the word and be on our guard, full armor and dressed in truth and righteousness and we need to not be hiding until we become the one who is targeted by the enemy and remind him that he is defeated and we know who wins.

I pray that anyone who reads this will pray about it and ask the Lord to show you what you need to see.  I pray that this encourages those who are under attack and that they will be reminded, Satan is defeated.  I pray this destroys the power the enemy might have on you, your thoughts, your doubts and strengthens your hearts and minds and I pray that you never forget because Satan never forgets and he is running out of time.

We serve a risen Savior, he's in the world today.  I know that he is with me, no matter what men say.  I see his hand of mercy I hear his voice of cheer, and just the time I need him, he's always near.

God bless you.

 

4 comments:

bhbner2him said...

God bless and keep you dear Ginger.  And thank you for sharing!  -  BArbara

rjet33 said...

I was about to go to bed and saw where you sent me an email about this entry.  I had a feeling I needed to read it.  I so needed to hear this, Ginger.  This is a beautiful entry full of so much truth.  In this day and time, we need to stand together as Christians and bind Satan in our lives!~

God Bless you, my friend!~

Susan

bojgill4375 said...

Wonderful entry Ginger. Sure hope things are going well with you and yours. I am late on comments. Hope you have a wonderful and blessed Easter. Sister In Christ, Janie

luddie343 said...

I get so much more from YOUR words than Biblical quotes, just want to say that.  I know you'll understand.  But sometimes we have to think for ourselves, I'd say.  I enjoy the Bible as a powerful book of beautiful poetry, great advice, a tool to use in living a good life, a way to see how others loved God.  I know the Bible, know what these men said.  I'd rather hear what you feel, you know?  It's more real.  Luv you no matter what.  xoxo CATHY